We, the sovereign Filipino people, imploring the aid of Almighty God, in order to build a just and humane society, and establish a Government that shall embody our ideals and aspirations, promote the common good, conserve and develop our patrimony, and secure to ourselves and our posterity, the blessings of independence and democracy under the rule of law and a regime of truth, justice, freedom, love, equality, and peace, do ordain and promulgate this Constitution.
The Preamble written in the Philippine Constitution states the Good Citizenship Values every Filipino should possessed.
* Faith in the Almighty God - God-fearing citizen living according His will*
* Respect for Life - recognize the absolute value of life and human dignity*
* Order - respect human rights and compliance of duties and responsibilities*
* Work - diligent and honest living, not engaged in crime and corruption*
* Concerns for the Family and Future Generations - welfare of your family and future generations*
* Love - good welfare towards one another*
* Freedom - right to be able to do the RIGHT things*
* Peace - live and work together in harmony*
* Truth - stand-up for the truth*
* Justice - give everyone his due; do not oppress or take advantage of anyone*
* Unity - work together*
* Equality - treat one another as brothers and sisters being children of one God and one nation*
* Respect for Law and Government - Obey the laws*
* Patriotism - place the good of the country above one's own*
* Promotion of the Common Good - put the welfare of the greater number of people above one's own*
* Concern for the Environment - keep surroundings clean and conserve our natural resources*
Do we have all these sixteen values within us? I swear...not all! It's sad to feel that we are losing these important values one by one. What's sadder is that, there are agencies, instruments to promote these values to each and everyone as possible as we can, but, they seem to be the one that violates what our ancestors saved and treasured for a better future.
Justice. Give his due and do not take advantage of anyone. Everyone seeks justice. There are two kinds of justice-seeker that I can describe. One, who will use all his resources just to achieve the truth. The other one, who cries for help but suddenly retreats from fighting for his rights (I wonder why).
The justice-system as I see it has been deteriorated for years now. I don't know if these individuals behind the system are the ones whose deteriorating or just the system.
What's the big deal?
There's a great impact on victims coming in the police station to report a crime. It takes too much guts to face his fears. But what he'll experience in the precinct brought more trauma.
How a police station contact complainants/victims to identify the suspect? Through SMS??? Oh my mother! They won't even bother escort the victim. Is this how you protect your victim?
Undergone interrogation. Describing the suspect. There'll be voices whispering..."that service is expensive". "he should get paid". I believe that any service in any government agency is for free. I mean, your a victim of hold-up. For you to get the sketch of the suspect's face, you'll have to pay? Gosh! If the victim is a taxpayer, didn't you realized that you are compensated because of the victim? It is your job to protect everyone from harm. Remember your oath?
One more thing. You have a 30% chance of catching the bad guy if you're just an ordinary citizen. Why is that?
I got mad when someone was victimized and while on the process of finding justice, suddenly, he just don't want to pursue the case anymore. No wonder why! There are what we called "Bantay-Salakays" in the service.
This sickens me. I'd say, these public servant should go back to school and study the preamble in the Philippine Constitution. For heaven sake! You guys are the one who should be promoting these values. You're supposed to be the one protecting all human race. You entered that service, you also commit yourself to everyone.
Just because you're in uniform, or a public official, or government employee, doesn't mean you dominates all the ordinary citizens in the community you belong to. You are their SERVANT and not their SUPERIOR.
For all private citizens, know your rights. Don't let these power-suckers treat you in an ill-mannered way. Remind them that they will have no jobs if it weren't for you, the taxpayers. Public citizens are the one who pleased you and not vice versa.